Women in Transport training
Dyers have partnered with Latrobe Valley Bus Lines to set up a Government assisted training program in the hope to attract more women and more diverse talent into the transport industry. The three sessions provided an insight into working in the transport industry and encouraged local women to consider career behind the wheel of a truck or bus.
The training programs also provide information such as:
- Promote working with diverse backgrounds
- Personal presentation and culture
- Safety (WHS)
- Chain of Responsibilities
- Dealing with conflict
- Manual Handling
- Prestart Checks
- How to complete a Log Books
- Customer Service Skills
- Industry Paperwork
- Reporting an incident
- Reporting damage or repairs to equipment
We had a great turn out for all three sessions with many women taking up the opportunity to work in the industry.